About the position
The Portfolio Partner will act as a "board of directors in a box" for several companies in Solen's portfolio and be responsible for their stability and growth. They will come alongside company leadership to support them in both strategy and execution, helping them create long-term goals as well as manage the day-to-day grind of running a small business. This position will not be responsible for sourcing new deals but will participate in due diligence and relationship building with companies that will ultimately join their portfolio.
The ideal candidate will have experience either managing a portfolio of companies with another firm or have had full P&L ownership at a small business or a division of a midsize or large business. Ideal candidates will have managed demand/revenue generation as well as fixed cost support roles and everything in between. They will have experience hiring teams, managing performance, and creating incentive structures.
The Portfolio Partner will report to Alex Spencer, Solen's Co-Founder & CEO.
A good fit for this role will have:
- A degree in a business or finance related field
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in small to medium sized business operations and leadership (CEO, President, GM, etc.)
- Full P&L ownership at a small business or a division of a medium or large corporation
A great fit for this role will also have:
- Experience managing a portfolio of companies within the PE/VC space
- Outstanding leadership qualities and the ability to mentor and support executive leadership teams
- Experience growing and leading teams (hiring, managing performance, and creating incentive structures)
- Excellent relationship building skills and the ability to connect quickly with diverse personalities
What you should expect in this position:
- Regular travel to support your existing portfolio of companies
- Occasional site visits to develop relationships with new companies during Due Diligence
- The need to be available for calls and support at non-traditional working hours
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and will include significant performance-based upside. Your benefits will include:
- Healthcare, including vision, dental, and disability coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Cell phone bill reimbursement
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for the position